Easter Tidings

Sunday, April 1, 2018 No comments

Hello,

It has been a busy, busy past few months.

Too busy that I have not written on this blog for a while. I haven't really had the chance to write lately. Possibly because I try to squeeze in 30 hours of daily activities into the maximum time the natural laws of this world would ever allow - 24 hours at most. My will to write is mostly drawn from boredom, but now that work consumes my time like a ravenous beast, I barely notice the days pass by. Right now, I do. Because here I am in my room wallowing in the anxiety and loneliness of coming from a long holiday break and dreading the fact that I will be back in the bloody battlefield that is work tomorrow. Mondays, I thought I have grown to like them. Who was I kidding?

Today, I came back from the humble town of Morong, Bataan after three months of longing to touch the sand and submerge myself in salt water. To escape the claustrophobic concrete walls of Manila and once again feel like a tiny dot, standing on land surrounded by vast oceans. I have done everything I could to ward off my anxiety problems. As my family, Ram, and my close friends would know so well, I was diagnosed with an incurable anxiety disorder back in 2014. It gets bad sometimes, but I have refused to take medication and chosen the holistic path to wellness. Only two things have proven to ease this problem - regular exercise and traveling to the beach or out of the country (sans the car and PLANE rides because as I mentioned, anxiety disorder). I have enrolled myself in gym (two actually - an all-around fitness gym, and a boxing gym) and gone to beaches and mountains all within the first quarter of the year. But my mind and body can't seem to get enough of it. I always have to be on-the-go so my mind would not start wandering about, causing so much grief. It is hard to live in a dark place, but so far with the busy work schedule, time spent with Ram and my best friends, as well as the occasional travels, I'd like to believe I am getting by. The toxicity of having a service-related job in the healthcare management industry is not really helping my situation so I dare say I am not yet where I want to be. Someday soon, I'll get there.

Nevertheless, I am thankful for this life. I am thankful to The One above. No matter the situation, I know He's got me.


A blessed Easter, my dears.

No comments

© 2015 Southern Belle ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • BLOG CRAFTED BY THE MODERN PAGE