Finding true love in desolate places

Monday, December 19, 2016 No comments

 
@ Marcia Adams Tuscany

There are times I still can't believe how we ended up together. I was a cynic, all the while believing I was not capable of deep feelings until your love came tugging at my sleeve telling me "Hey, I'm here. You've found it." And there came rushing the thrill of letting in an uninvited guest. That mutual rush of unwarranted spark waiting to be ignited.

All of which started one morning in September over two years ago, the first time we met. You, that stiff recruiter guy, and I your applicant with "condescending" demeanor, repulsed by the most of awkward of ways to start a conversation and all the wrong first impressions, yet somehow drawn together by a force so strong that it made me believe that we, along with time's deceitful ways are proof that there is a magnetic pull between souls whose stories are written in the cosmos.

All that's really left for us to do is to keep the fire alive.

Happy first anniversary to my then-platonic friend and work partner, who now happens to be my one great love. ❤️

No comments

© 2015 Southern Belle ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • BLOG CRAFTED BY THE MODERN PAGE