36 hours in Boracay

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 No comments


Two best things about living in this tropical country: (1) The world's best islands are only an hour or two away from the capital by plane. (2) There is never a bad time for the beach because it's always summer.

Slowly turning my boyfriend into a beach person


Our college inner circle wanted to have a quick vacation-reunion to take a break from adulting but since adulting is inescapable, we were only in Bora for 36 hours. It's not really impossible since you can take a flight straight to Caticlan for 45 minutes plus a 15-minute boat ride. Can't deny how bitin it was but given our work schedule, I'll take what I can get.

The Sunny Side Cafe @ Station 3




My college besties (MIA: Liz) posing like bouncers for some reason

It's been 2 years since I last went here but apparently Bora is still always super crowded regardless of the season. Perhaps being publicly labeled the best island in the world this year has made it even more mainstream than it already is. I felt like an alien in my own country since about 80% of the people I saw there were foreigners. It's a good thing I'm an early riser, so I was still able to enjoy a peaceful morning by the beach while the rest of the tourists lay in bed probably hungover from partying the night before. But honestly, they may say it's overrated but I think I'll always be in love with Bora.

No comments

© 2015 Southern Belle ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • BLOG CRAFTED BY THE MODERN PAGE