Don't ask me what I love about you

Friday, February 5, 2016 1 comment


Don't ask me what I love about you
your skin, your chiseled nose, the dimple on your right cheek, salt and pepper hair, the creases of your hand I've always desired to trace that it almost burned me the first time we touched

Don't ask me what I love about you
the smell of your room, the smell of your car, your awkward smile, the sound of your laughter that resonates in my ears, the time you pulled me in your arms, kissed my hair, told me you were gonna miss me when I leave

Don't ask me what I love about you
the way you stare bewildered, like a child seeing magic for the first time, like an angel was sent before your eyes

Don't ask me what I love about you
that time i was scared and you held my hand underneath the pillow, and then slowly, interlaced my fingers with yours

Don't ask me what I love about you
i will never run out of things to say

Don't ask me what I love about you
so maybe you should ask me this


Don't ask me what I love about you

ask me if there is anything left I haven't already fallen in love with

--

Because it's February, and all I wanna do is write poems about you.

1 comment

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww just plain aw :)

© 2015 Southern Belle ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • BLOG CRAFTED BY THE MODERN PAGE