Do you think the universe fights for souls to be together?

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 3 comments


This was my caption when I posted this obligatory Happy Valentine's photo. Maybe Emery Allen was right; some things are too strange and strong to be coincidences.

No one would have expected that we would be celebrating Valentine's together this year, not even us. It's still a funny inside joke that this time last year, we were brothers. Our relationship pretty much went from Tris and Caleb Prior to Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters- same characters playing different roles. This time last year, we might have been sitting in one corner of the office. Him, fearfully admitting that he still has feelings for the first girl he gave his heart to and broke his heart for a bloke in her past. Me, scolding him like a protective older sister for chasing after this girl who screwed him over when he knew he deserves better. By better, I didn't mean me. I swear.

But I think there is no defending (and justifying) how that once platonic love grew into something surreal. Maybe sometimes, you just meet people who connect with you on a level that nobody else could, and it makes you question everything you ever believed in. What I believed in at the time was a practical and rational love. The kind that does not exist but had to because it was the only love I knew and had.


But apparently, things change. I was teary-eyed and all girly when he walked in carrying these while my little brother was cringing as he says "Eww, Ate Maye. I have never seen you in love like this, it's disgusting." Because honestly, as emotional as I am in my writings, I was never really a sweet girl. I probably write in a sappy manner because it's my only outlet of estrogen-induced feelings. Outside the confines of my blog, I am actually teased for being half a boy.

Anyway, for the love of the beach, I asked him if we could go to Batangas. Ram hates the beach. He doesn't like getting exposed under the sun. Even if I always tell him there is no way he could get any darker. Haha! I also used to hate climbing mountains. Apparently, compromise led us to both liking the things we used to hate. 


So we went on a 3-hour spontaneous drive to Batangas. Day/s of planning: 1. Because we planned to go to Subic two weeks prior but had a mutual change of mind two days before Valentine's. We just went to Laiya for a day trip with no booking whatsoever. Que sera, sera.

Thanks to online reviews, we ended at Acuaverde Resort. The place was small but absolutely lovely. Every area was clean and cozy, the food was good, and the servers were warm and welcoming. For Php 1,200/head, we really got what we paid for.




It was a much-needed respite from the fast-paced city life. The beach never fails.


Thank you for the great weekend, Ram!

I will choose you every single day. If life permits- for the rest of our lives.

3 comments

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
© 2015 Southern Belle ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • BLOG CRAFTED BY THE MODERN PAGE