A different Christmas eve

Friday, December 25, 2015 No comments

Merry Christmas from my lola and I

We have been doing this for almost three weeks now, driving back and forth the hospital to visit lola. Months ago I've shared that she was diagnosed with stage three breast cancer. Sad to say that this was already etched in her genes being the third of her sisters to get it. It has consumed her pretty fast because two weeks ago the doctor said we're battling stage four already. It hasn't been easy for our family, but it helps that we are naturally happy people. Even when everything has hit rock bottom, we still manage to uplift each other and laugh in what's supposed to be a lonely hospital room that has witnessed many tears and last breaths. I would not have anticipated spending my favorite holiday like this a year ago. But I'm thankful that at least, even if we are spending Christmas eve in a hospital that reeks of death and despair, lola is alive and fighting and we are still spending Christmas as a family. 

Merry merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments

© 2015 Southern Belle ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • BLOG CRAFTED BY THE MODERN PAGE