Labor Day Weekend

Monday, May 2, 2016 No comments

I think I have already professed my love for salt and sand enough to make this quite predictable. Where else to spend Labor Day weekend but the beach? This time last year I was also at a beach somewhere in Pangasinan. This year my family and I headed south for a relatively short trip to Mabini. Batangas again? Well, yeah. I guess I'm just not the LaBoracay type. I got a John Mayer-Half-of My-Heart situation with island parties.

Every year, my dad's company holds a summer outing for our employees and their families. It's a pretty small business so we usually take them all to Aguila Beach Resort in Anilao. It's your typical plain beach resort that has cottages, villas, a swimming pool and a volleyball net. No other special amenities but that didn't keep us from having fun. Anilao does not have a shoreline as attractive as others like Laiya because it is actually better known for its diving spots. Though I never really had an actual scuba diving experience here.


No speedboat, full gear and diving cylinder (better known as oxygen tank), only a floating cottage and snorkeling goggles. I resort to being my usual mermaid self trying to dive 15 feet to reach corals and swim with the fishes even if it's such a struggle to swim back to the surface when your body reminds you that you don't have gills. Too bad I enjoyed myself too much I forgot to get underwater shots.


It's the first time Ram joined a family outing and I was so happy to have him along because he is not fond of the beach but he loves me so he goes anyway. Haha!


That candid pre-hug photo. Thankful to have a brother who takes awesome photos.

He kept tipping it over. I swear he was doing it on purpose.

Little brother taking swimming lessons from cousins

And here's the rest of the family obviously having real fun under the sun 

It was a really short and exhausting but nevertheless fun vacation. I trust I will be seeing you again soon, Batangas.

No comments

© 2015 Southern Belle ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • BLOG CRAFTED BY THE MODERN PAGE